KPower E30 Swap Package
Our Honda K series swap package for the BMW E30 chassis is designed for competitors and enthusiasts who demand the highest quality engine swap components for their builds. While most E30 parts are already in stock, please allow approximately 30 days for all items to be delivered since this is a brand new swap option.
Why is the K series engine platform so desirable for the E30 chassis? It’s simple - we followed in the footsteps of the BMW M division by pairing the lightweight and nimble E30 chassis with a high revving four cylinder, like the original E30 M3, which dominated motorsports in its day. Sure, you can shoehorn a larger inline six into the E30, but sticking with a four cylinder stays true to the balance and spirit of the car.
Our recommended engine for most builds is the K24A2 from the 2004-2008 Acura TSX, or the equivalent JDM K24A engine with RBB cylinder head. See below for all compatible engine blocks.
For a detailed breakdown of our E30 swap package, as well as a thorough write-up of every component included, check out our blog post here.
This swap package includes:
- K to Getrag 260 or K to E36/E46 transmission adapter plate
- K to BMW 5-speed aluminum flywheel
- Custom extended Tilton release bearing
- 3/16” laser cut steel engine mount arms
- AKG Motorsport polyurethane engine mount pads
- Aluminum E30-specific front sump baffled oil pan
- Machined aluminum K20 oil pump adapter
- ⅞” steel pickup tube
- KPower cast RWD intake manifold with all hardware
- 74mm throttle body with E30-specific throttle cable wheel
- Remote brake/clutch fluid reservoir kit with N15 Design bracket
- Plug and play K to E30 wiring conversion harness
- Pug and play motorsports grade C101 sub-harness
- E30-specific upper coolant neck with E30 temperature sender port
- All new hardware for oil pan, manifold, engine mounts, and more
- Flywheel dust shield
- Detailed installation instructions (available for download soon)
A K20 oil pump is required to run our oil pan and pump, available separately. We also recommend running a BMW Z3 steering rack for a much quicker steering ratio and also more clearance around the oil pan.
Yes, this swap is also compatible with right hand drive (RHD) vehicles.
For those looking for only certain items in this package, all components are available individually here. Sorry, we’re unable to make any substitutions to the items in this package.
Note - these engine mounts fit the following engine blocks: K24A2, K24A3, K24A4, K24A8, K20Z3 and the JDM K24A. They do NOT fit K20A2, K20Z1, or K24A1 blocks due to incompatible bolt hole locations on the left side of the block. Please make sure you source the correct block for your project.